SGAI Events 2023
The Group’s events up to the end of 2023 will include the following. Further details will be placed here as they become available.
Real AI 202329th September 2023 - British Computer Society London Office (near Moorgate Underground) from 10.20 a.m. to 4.30 p.m.
The fifteenth in an annual series of one-day events showcasing Practical Applications of Artificial Intelligence. This event is designed to showcase practical applications of artificial intelligence, of particular interest to business and industry. We have aimed the event less at deep AI specialists and more at those who may be interested in understanding what AI can offer and what it is doing right now. The event will feature talks from leading exponents and case studies outlining practical applications of AI from a wide range of application domains. This year's talks will be:
- Automated Cyber Threat Detection and Response: Dr Jonathan Francis Roscoe (BT Applied Research)
- AI in Manufacturing: Applications and Challenges: Dr Giovanna Martinez-Arellano (University of Nottingham)
- Using Evolutionary Algorithms to Simulate Land Use Change - The Case of Auckland: Dr Fernando Oliveira (University of Bradford)
- Human-in-the-Loop in AI-Driven Innovations: Is it still Relevant?: Dr Genovefa Kefalidou (University Of Leicester)
- Developing more trusted AI systems: Shakeel Khan (Validate AI)
- GenAI in Business: (Speaker from Accenture: Data & AI Practice)
Full details are available at http://www.bcs-sgai.org/realai2023
Ethics in AI: Bias, Privacy & PoliciesWednesday October 4th 2023 from 6 p.m. to 7.30 p.m. - a free virtual event using Zoom
This is a free evening Zoom event in the SGAI Virtual Seminar Series. These events are open to all and no prior registration is needed.
Speakers: Dr. Eleanor Drage (University of Cambridge) and Prof. Bernd Stahl (University of Nottingham)
Full details are available at http://www.bcs-sgai.org/seminars/2023-10
The impact of advances in AI on consultancyOctober 12th 2023 from 6 p.m. to 7.30 p.m. - a free virtual event using Zoom
This is a panel discussion between members of the BCS Consultancy Specialist Group and members of SGAI. It will be a free 'hybrid' event available both face-to-face in the BCS London Office or remotely by videoconference.
Information about the event is now available on the Consultancy Group’s website at https://www.bcs.org/events-calendar/2023/october/hybrid-event-panel-discussion-of-ai-in-consultancy/.
The Rise of AI in the Healthcare EcosystemNovember 10th 2023 - British Computer Society London Office (near Moorgate Underground)
A full-day event with invited talks on the following topics:
- What are the things that AI can help with in the healthcare ecosystem?
- Semantic Deep Learning for One Health: combining Knowledge Graphs and Large Language Models
- Biomarkers and Personalised Medicine: how can AI be used for Omics Data Integration, Interpretation, and Its Application?
- AI in Next Generation Stroke Rehabilitation
- Machine Readable Healthcare Data Formats using FHIR
- What SNOMED wants to be, how clinicians actually use it and what lurks in large coded clinical datalakes?
- Bringing clinical guidelines closer to the bedside with AI techniques
FAIRS'2311th December 2023 - Peterhouse College, Cambridge
A one-day training event for AI research students at Peterhouse College, Cambridge, the day before AI-2023 starts. This is a free event except for a contribution towards the cost of refreshments and lunch in the College.
AI-202312th-14th December 2023 - Peterhouse College, Cambridge
Our forty-third annual international conference.