CALL FOR PAPERS AND POSTERS
*** The deadline for paper/poster submission has been extended to Friday June 6th 2014. This is a final deadline which will not be extended again. ***
AI-2014: Cambridge, UK, December 9th-11th 2014
Organised by BCS SGAI: The British Computer Society Specialist Group on Artificial Intelligence (an ECCAI Member Society)
The leading series of UK-based international conferences on Artificial Intelligence and one of the longest running AI conference series in Europe.
AI-2014 is the thirty-fourth SGAI International Conference on Innovative Techniques and Applications of Artificial Intelligence.
The scope of the conference comprises the whole range of AI technologies and application areas. AI-2014 reviews recent technical advances in AI technologies and shows how these advances have been applied to solve business problems. Key features are:
- Papers will be published in book form by Springer.
- The Technical Stream presents the best of recent developments in AI, covering a wide range of technical areas.
- The Application Stream is the largest annual showcase in Europe of real applications using AI technology.
- It is expected that the best papers will be reprinted in a special issue of an international journal.
- The Poster Session is a forum for disseminating new developments and latest work in progress, especially suited to MSc and PhD students.
- Prizes for Best Paper in each stream and Best Poster.
- The programme also includes tutorials and workshops to provide greater depth in selected topics. (These are free to delegates of the main conference, but separate registration is also available.)
- UKCBR-14, the 19th UK CBR Workshop, will be co-located with AI-2014.
- FAIRS-2014, the eighth annual forum for AI research students will immediately follow the AI-2014 conference at Peterhouse College on Friday December 12th, 2014. The aim of FAIRS is to support student members of the AI community providing advice and feedback on their research plans and work. This event is free of charge for research students except for a contribution towards the cost of refreshments and lunch in the College and no conference registration is required.
- In addition to the formal sessions, the conference programme includes a welcome reception and a Gala Dinner.
AI-2014 offers a valuable opportunity to keep up to date with developments in AI and to share experiences in the practical issues of developing AI systems.
IMPORTANT DATES- Paper/Poster Submission: Friday 6th June 2014
- Notification of Acceptance: Monday 14th July 2014
- Camera Ready Paper: Tuesday 26th August 2014
CONTRIBUTIONSContributions are invited in the form of papers of up to fourteen A4 pages presenting original work in AI. Contributions may be submitted to either of two streams for oral presentation, or a parallel poster session (six pages maximum).
Areas of interest include (but are not restricted to): knowledge engineering; semantic web; constraint satisfaction; intelligent agents; machine learning; model based reasoning; verification and validation of AI systems; natural language understanding; speech-enabled systems; case based reasoning; neural networks; genetic algorithms; data mining and knowledge discovery in databases; knowledge representation, inference and reasoning; robotics and pervasive computing; qualitative and temporal reasoning; knowledge management; AI languages and environments; robotics and pervasive computing.
Case studies are welcomed describing the application of AI to real-world problems. Papers in recent years have covered all application domains, including commerce, manufacturing and government, and every major AI technique. In addition to case studies and specific applications of AI, we would welcome papers that discuss issues such as managing the transfer from research to production of AI-based products. Papers are selected to highlight critical areas of success (and failure) and to present the benefits and lessons of value to other developers. Submitted papers should make these points clear.
The Poster Session is intended for the presentation of work which meets the high standards of the conference, but which is more topical and preliminary than the work presented in the main two streams. It is an excellent forum for disseminating new developments and latest work in progress, especially suited to MSc and PhD students. Poster papers will be included as short papers (maximum 6 pages) in the proceedings volumes. Papers submitted to the Technical and Application streams will automatically be considered as posters if they fall short of the standard for oral presentation in full form.
Publication of Papers
Papers accepted for presentation at the conference will be published in book form by Springer.
- The books will be prepared from camera-ready copy supplied by the authors of accepted papers.
- Formatting specifications for the proceedings have been provided by the publisher and are available from the conference website.
Submission of Papers
Papers must be prepared in either Microsoft Word or Latex. Initial versions of papers should be submitted in PDF format only and uploaded to the conference website by the deadline given above at the latest. There are revised Word macro and Latex style files compared with some previous years.
- At least one author of each accepted paper must register for and attend the conference to present it in person, for the paper to be published.
- Presenting authors will be asked to register for the conference at the discounted speakers' rate when they return the final camera-ready printed versions of their papers.
Tutorials & workshops
The Conference Committee invites proposals for tutorials and workshops to be presented on the first day of the conference. These should be directed in the first instance to the Tutorial/Workshop Organiser.
There are cash prizes for the best paper submitted in each stream and a trophy plus a cash prize for the best poster, awarded on the basis of delegate voting. There is also a prize for the best refereed paper written by a student.
All further information including details of the conference committee, program committees, paper format and uploading instructions is given on the conference website.
ALL CORRESPONDENCE SHOULD BE SENT BY EMAIL TO THE CONFERENCE