AI Open Microphone
During this (90 minute) session there will be an opportunity for many speakers to give a quick (a few minutes) and informal presentation on any subject of their choice. These might be a:
- a proposed research project, for which opinions are sought (such as whether its been done already)
- a request for assistance with a project, (such as a description of a problem on which you are stuck and wonder if anyone has already solved it)
- an update on research in progress, such as a PhD new technique
- a question about which you would like to start a debate in the community
- an opinion on something
- a response to issues raised in the conference
- a quick demonstration (perhaps of a gadget or robot)
- short comedy or spoof talk
- anything else you think would be of interest to the AI conference participants.
If you would like to speak at this session, please register with Mandy Bauer at the conference before Wednesday evening, so we know how many there are. There is no need to use slides, but if you do, you may use up to five slides provided you provide them before Wednesday lunch time so that they might be incorporated into one master-deck, so we don't need to keep changing laptop. There will also be a flip-chart available.
The exact running time will be decided at the conference depending on how many people register. We will let everyone know how long each slot is before the session, but you will not have less than 5 minutes, and you will not have more than 10. You do not have to permit questions, but if you do, they will come out of your time.