Information for Speakers
- You have fifteen (15) minutes to speak and five (5) minutes for questions.
The session chair will ensure that the 20 minutes total time is not exceeded.
- The conference organisers will provide a PC and projector in each session.
- If you wish to use a PowerPoint presentation, please bring it on a USB memory stick. A conference assistant will load it before your session.
- The PCs will run Windows 10 (or later) and have Microsoft PowerPoint 2003 (or later) installed. To avoid compatibility problems, PowerPoint 2003 format (*.ppt) is recommended over the PowerPoint 2007 format (*.pptx). Please note that other presentation graphic software packages are NOT supported.
- If you wish to use your own PC, e.g. for a software demonstration, please notify the session chair.
- If you are using PowerPoint, remember to check the "Embed True Type" fonts option when you save your presentation. This ensures that any special fonts you have used will display correctly on the conference PCs.
10 Tips for Good Presentations
- As a guide use no more than one slide per minute of your talk. If you have more it is probable you are going
to run out of time.
- Use large fonts (40pt for titles and 30pt for text). If you can't fit all your text on you are trying to say
too much on one slide.
- Keep colours simple, only using them for emphasis.
- If you are making a computer presentation light colours (white or yellow) against a dark background (black
or blue) show up best.
- Don't use sound, video or complex images unless essential to your presentation.
- If you include diagrams with text in them make sure the text is legible, otherwise what is the point of showing
- Practice and time your presentation. If using PowerPoint use the "Rehearse Timings" feature. The
session chair will NOT let you have more time.
- At the conference arrive early and introduce yourself to the session chair as soon as possible.
- Don't read verbatim from your slides, the audience can read. You should be explaining what is on the slide
whilst it reinforces your key points.
- Relax and enjoy yourself.